Low Carb Brainy Breakfast Burritos
Carb Count per serving – 10
This Green burrito recipe is adapted from the Diabetes Summit recipe.
2 whole eggs
4 egg whites
1 teaspoon coconut butter
1 leek, cut in half moons (white part only)
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/4 cup sliced crimini mushrooms
1/4 cup chopped broccoli Romaine/Iceberg lettuce leaves
1 tablespoon salsa
1/4 avocado, sliced
2 tablespoons of Wild Rice
1. In a small bowl, whisk eggs and egg whites.
2. In a medium skillet, heat coconut butter over medium heat.
3. Add leek and garlic to the skillet, and sauté for 1 minute.
4. Add bell peppers, mushrooms, and broccoli to the skillet, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Add eggs to the skillet, and stir until cooked through.
6. Double up romaine leaves and spread with salsa. Top with avocado. Wrap egg mixture in romaine lettuce leaves.
Roll up and serve immediately.